Top 5 Apps for the Providers of Online Services via Video
There are many solutions allowing providers to offer online services via video and get paid automatically. Here is our selection of the Top 5.
The year 2020 saw an explosion in the numbers of freelancers who provide online services via video. Many doctors, lawyers, fitness instructors, and even photographers were forced to adapt to a home-working mode due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What is more, the pandemic caused a major shakeup in the careers of millions of people over the world. As a result, many are now choosing the work-from-home career that offers video appointments to their clients.
To do that, there are a number of software solutions allowing providers to have their meetings and get paid for them automatically. It can be overwhelming to compare them if you are new to this field. But don’t worry, we’ve done the hard work for you.
Here are the Top 5 apps you could try for providing online services via video:
3veta is a plug-and-play, robust, and user-friendly platform that allows you to manage your business efficiently and focuses on your core activities. It is tailor-made for providers of online services via video calls. If you opt for a free account, you will be able to create video meeting links, get paid for each meeting upfront, and you will get your own webpage.
- Extremely straightforward setup and unlimited meeting links.
- Appointments support full HD video and calls can be made from your laptop, tablet or phone.
- Integrated secure online payments, required prior to the meeting.
- Free and easily customizable website and video player with your name and logo on it, as well as build your own brand.
- Your meetings can’t be scheduled into a calendar (yet!). However, you will get appointment confirmations on your email and you will be notified when your client is in the virtual waiting room.
3veta will definitely meet your needs for providing online services via video, completely fuss-free. Whether you are leading a class or giving one-to-one consultations, the tools you need are just a few clicks away. The platform is beautiful and will give you and your customers an excellent experience. The 3veta platform is the go-to solution to grow your online business.
Setmore is a business scheduling app, which also offers a number of CRM features. It serves as a single-point control center for the tools and systems you have already implemented in your business. What you get with the free version is a calendar, a customer list, and a booking widget, as well as a possibility for integration with external apps.
- The platform is versatile and its booking widget can be embedded into your existing website.
- The social media integration gives you a chance to convert your followers to appointments.
- Video calls are available for free.
- Video meetings are held via external applications and the mobile app is not optimized for video calls.
- Integrated payment is not available for free worldwide.
- The booking page is not impressive on its own unless integrated in your pre-existing website
If you already have a stunning website, backed by popular social media accounts, then Setmore will certainly help you stay on top of your customer duties and increase your bookings. However, if you are getting your online mode started now, you might want to look for a package that builds the basics together with you.
If this summary is not enough for you, why don’t you read our dedicated comparison between Setmore and 3veta here?
SimplyBook.me is a pick-and-mix platform for online bookings, which offers a number of marketing tools for your business. Upon registration, you will get a scheduling tool and a website for free.
- Highly customizable website with beautiful designs available for free.
- Versatile extra tools to support you in your marketing campaigns.
- Social media integration.
- The basic free package is very limited and most of the useful features require a subscription.
- Group calls require a special setting to be adjusted your service.
- Video calls are a paid feature and require a Microsoft Teams account.
- The interface is not intuitive and takes a while to get used to.
The platform will need a lot of tailoring from you in order to fit your needs. As a provider of online services via video you will certainly need to pay for a plan in order to get everything you need. SimplyBook.me will benefit your business if you engage in a lot of marketing activities, but make sure you stay within the limits of your subscription plan.
To find out more, you can also read our dedicated comparison between 3veta and SimplyBook.me.
4. Acuity Scheduling
Acuity Scheduling is a scheduling platform that allows you to fine tune your calendar management to a very high degree. Different services can be offered and you can enable your customers to fully manage their booking themselves. Once you sign up for one of the monthly plans, you will get a client self-scheduling tool, integrated payment and video options, as well as calendar synchronization.
- Flexible and highly customizable calendar that allows for different types of services.
- Integrated online payment.
- Fully functional mobile app.
- A bit complex to work with – you really need to know what you are doing.
- There is no free plan. You can get a taste of it though with a 7-day free trial.
- The scheduling page is rather simple and not that eye-appealing.
Acuity Scheduling will be a good choice for you if you have a more complex service portfolio. If you are a tech-savvy person who has experience with online offerings, Acuity Scheduling will definitely suit your needs. Once you set up the system correctly, you will have full control over all aspects of your business, but will have to pay separately for each one of them (email marketing, video conferencing, etc.).
vCita is another solution for managing your business’ appointments and CRM activities from the same platform. This one doesn’t come for free at all. The lowest subscription plan, (priced at €29 per month) will give you online scheduling and payments, Zoom integration and a client portal.
- Integrated secure payments.
- Efficient calendar management.
- Powerful marketing activities and customizable client management.
- Very good access management tools for larger teams.
- Only available for a free trial, no free version.
- The useful marketing functionalities are only available with the higher subscription plans.
- Tailoring all functionalities to your business will take time and effort.
Ultimately, vCita is the tool for you if you have a bunch of team members and a good number of customers but are struggling to manage these relationships. Although it won’t give you everything you need in one place for a business based on video calls, it will serve you well in scaling your staff and business.
Online services via video are a growing segment with a strong demand. If you want to be a part of it, do it with a platform that you know can be your trusted partner. 3veta is the fuss-free solution that will entirely take care of your video appointments for you. Try our services for free now by clicking the golden button above.